Our school was heading towards the last and the most thrilling inter house competition of the year, the Volleyball competition. The enthusiasm of all the players was quite visible and contagious during the practice sessions. All were filled with the one thought: whatever it would be, we all will enjoy the competition to our fullest and with the spirit of ‘We are One’.
The competition was held from 10th to 12th December 2016.
In the Sub-Junior group, the matches were as follows:
- Satyam House vs Suhradam House and Sundaram House vs Shivam House
- The Satyam House and Sundaram House teams won and paved their way through to the finals.
- The third place match between Shivam House and Suhradam House was well worth seeing in which Shivam House secured a victory.
- In the finals, both the teams were equally competitive, but Satyam House, as their luck would have it, won the finals.
In the Junior group, the matches were played between:
- Satyam House vs Sundaram House and Shivam House vs Suhradam House
- Again the Satyam House team, with an easy win, moved to the finals.
- The match between Shivam House and Suhradam House was a breath-taking one. Both the teams won one set each. But then, Suhradam House snatched the game and moved through to the finals.
- The third place match between Shivam House and Sundaram House turned out to be an easy win for Sundaram House team.
- In the finals, the Suhradam House team won the match comfortably.
Moving on to the matches for the Senior group, all the matches – semi-finals, third place and the finals were filled with alacrity. The matches were as follows:
- Sundaram House vs Suhradam House and Satyam House vs Shivam House
- In their match, Suhradam House had an easy win and reached finals. Also, the Satyam House team won comfortably.
- The third place match was a nail-biting one. Both the teams won one set each but the brilliance of the Sundaram House team captain led his team to securing the third place.
- In the finals, both the teams were equally capable of winning and all around the atmosphere was filled with thrill. Clamour and cheers. But the Satyam House team were crowned the kings of volleyball and won the hearts of the audience. The Suhradam House team also managed to win the hearts of many people with their amazing and skilful play.
At the end, the overall points table turned out to be:
- 3rd place secured by Sundaram House with 18 points
- 2nd place by Suhradam House with 24 points
- And the winner of the competition, Satyam House earned 28 points.
Everyone learnt one thing from the tournament: it is not victory or defeat, not the margin of winning, not the science of volleyball, but a totally different perspective. It taught us how to live with the spirit of ‘We are One’ and not to explode with excitement when winning and not be shaken by defeat.
It was altogether a memorable event for all of us.
Reported by: Shivang Patel (Class 9), Rahul Patel (Class 11)